Caring For Our Guests is Our #1 Priority
Anacortes Kayak Tours is serious about the health of our guests and our staff. Over the last 16 years we have always exceeded the standards set by the Washington State Department of Health, and all of our staff hold permits from this department. Nobody has ever reported getting sick on any tour. All of our equipment is kept clean and sanitary.
In response to COVID-19 we have developed an even more stringent protocol for our staff, as well as offering our guests ways to add redundancy in order to feel comfortable.
- All staff will wash hands upon entering the workplace, and after every kayak trip.
- All counter tops and high-use surfaces in our shop will be sanitized throughout the day, especially before and after groups check-in for their trips.
- Guests will be provided with hand sanitizing supplies and are also welcome to utilize our hand-washing stations before and after trips. If guests wish to use sterile nitrile gloves while paddling then these will be provided at no charge.
- We have always maintained well-washed equipment and now we will add an extra sanitizing rinse to our life jackets, paddles, kayaks, and gear using CDC recommended substances such as diluted bleach, 70% alcohol, and EPA approved disinfectants.
- We ask that participants use an abundance of caution and stay home if they are feeling unwell. When feeling better you will be able to reschedule at no additional cost.
- During flu season we are capping all trips at 8 people.This is in accordance with CDC guidelines to avoid large groups. (Larger private groups can easily be accommodated upon request, as always.)